What We Need
Innellan Golf Club is a private golf club run by the members. Our committee is elected by the members at our annual AGM. We are affiliated to Scottish Golf and Argyll and Bute Golf Union.
Innellan Golf Club will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us in this form / through this website, etc.] [unless otherwise stated].
Members’ personal data:
When you register as a member of Innellan Golf Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 16, we will ask you for the following personal information:
• contact details – name, address, email address, date of birth, etc.
• membership criteria / category – for example full member, country member etc.
• If paying by Standing Order, payment details – bank account number, sort code, card details, etc.
• other personal information, for example, previous club and handicap etc.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
Members’ personal data:
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
• provide you with core member services, including key service purposes, for example, insurance, licensing, voting, etc.;
• set up your membership account for the private members area of website
• [send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fees’ information, etc.;
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Members’ personal data:
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• promote and encourage participation in golf by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
• provide competition in Innellan Golf Club by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
• monitor and develop participation in golf by monitoring members’ engagement and participation and inviting our members to participate in surveys for researching and development purposes
• invite our members as award winners or guests to our annual awards dinner / prizegiving
• develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed any mandatory training and PVG / child protection requirements;
• respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to Innellan Golf Club. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, to suspend membership, take disciplinary action, etc.;
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on [insert details]. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
• the Companies Act 2006 / Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 to maintain a register of our members, which includes our members’ name, address, the date they were admitted to membership and the date on which they ceased to be our member, and hold general meetings, including issuing notices and voting arrangements
• the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults]
• our sportscotland regulatory requirements
• the Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary; and
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this with local press for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health
& Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
Innellan Golf Club employs third party suppliers to provide services, including IT, payroll, etc. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
Participants’ personal data
We publish the results of our competitions on our website. This includes competitors’ name and result.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK and is accessed by our volunteers for the purposes set out above.
We are required to transfer your personal information outwith the EU for the purposes of [insert details – for example, entering athletes into competitions, booking travel arrangements for training camps, etc.]. Where your personal information is transferred outwith the EU, we will provide you with information regarding the safeguards that we have put in place with the recipient country to protect your personal information .
How long we keep your personal information
Members’ personal data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 3 years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Innellan Golf Club and for how long. We need to do this to comply with the Companies Act 2006, which requires us to keep a register of members or in the event of a claim against Innellan Golf Club.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Innellan Golf Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk